Protecting Wappinger Creek: A Public Meeting to Discuss Water Quality in the Watershed, Weds., May 26th from 6:30-9:00pm.
Join the CCEDC Environment Program and Wappinger Creek Watershed Intermunicipal Council for an informative educational forum covering the findings of a recent survey of local landowners and municipal officials, conducted in 2009 by the Wappinger Creek Intermunicipal Council (WIC), in collaboration with Cornell University.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Shorna Broussard Allred, Department of Natural Resources, Cornell University.
Location: Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County, Farm and Home Center, Route 44, Millbrook, NY. 6:30-7:00pm: Enjoy refreshments and meet your neighbors in the watershed; 7:00-9:00pm: Stakeholders meeting to discuss:
- Water quality in the Wappinger Creek watershed;
- Results of a recent survey of local landowners and municipal officials in the watershed;
- Concerns about water quality;
- Goals for restoration and protection of our water;
- Steps everyone can take around their home to protect water resources;
- Opportunities to get involved in local projects.
Free and Open to the Public; refreshments provided; no pre-registration required. For more information, contact us at 845-677-8223 x 153. Everyone lives in a watershed!